I got the pancake recipe out of a Food Network magazine (Aug/Sept 2009). The strawberries and cream are something I've been doing ever since I woke up and decided one day that I wanted sweet pancakes.
Servings: about 10-12 pancakes
Time: about 25 minutes
Ingredients for Pancakes:
- 8 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 Cups whole milk
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
For strawberries (or fruit of choice)
- 1 pint of strawberries, chopped (or other fresh fruit)
- 1 pinch of sugar or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup sour cream (can use light)
- 1-1/4 Cups whipped cream (comes in a tub)
1. melt 4 Tbsp butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet. Wisk flour, milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt in large bowl (or can be placed in blender) until smooth and all lumps are gone.
2. Warm skillet over medium heat until a drop of water bounces and sizzles. Add 1 TBSP butter. When melted, swirl pan so butter covers the bottom. Pour in 1/3 cup of batter and swirl the pan immediately to spread pancake out evenly (took two tries for me to get this right). Cook until pancake sets (a minute or two) and then carefully lift pancake by edges and flip. Cook until lightly golden brown (another minute or so).
3. Repeat with remaining batter until finished. Move to oven or microwave to keep warm.
4. Add strawberries to small saucepan over medium low heat and mash. Add sugar (or vanilla extract) and bring to a simmer. Let simmer a few minutes.
5. While strawberries are cooking, mix whipped cream and sour cream together until smooth.
6. Remove strawberries from heat. Top each pancake with a dallop of both strawberries and cream. Or alternatively, you can wrap it. Now that I think of it, wrappig it would've made a prettier picture.
7. Eat it up! =)