Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Banana Cinnamon Bread Muffins


When life gives you old bananas, make banana bread!



I got this recipe from Here.

I buy bananas for my fiancee but this time I bought too many for him to eat before they got bruised and dark. So, I looked up recipes for banana bread. It's still pretty warm in So. Cal. right now, so I've been avoiding using the oven and decided I wanted to make muffins rather than a full loaf of bread. These were really, really, really good.

Banana Cinnamon Bread Muffins

Servings: 10-12 muffins
Time: To prepare- 20 mins. To bake: 15-20 mins (per batch)

Ingredients:

- 1-1/2 C. flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 Bananas, mashed
- 3/4 C. White sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 C. Canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 C. walnuts (optional)
For the topping:
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1/8 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Butter

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C).

2. Line 10 muffin cups with muffin liners (or grease muffin pan if you prefer not to use liners).

3. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (first 4 ingredients listed). In another large bowl, beat together banana, white sugar, egg, and vanilla (and nuts if you wish).

4. Stir banana mixture into flour mix until just moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups.

5. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for topping except butter. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle over tops of muffins.

6. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out of muffin clean. Makes 10-12 muffins.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely photos!! Those look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just took them out of the oven. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you love them as much as I did! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean by cut in butter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lindsay. Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you. Here is a link that shows you how to cut butter: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/05/cutting-in-butter/

    You may have to cut and paste the link into your address bar since I don't think live links work in comments.

    Thanks for your comment!

    -AlishaMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this recipe! I just made two batches, I love them so much I don't wanna give them away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment and I'm so glad you liked them!!!

    ReplyDelete