Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DIY- A Year of Memories Ornament


I want to make one of these every year! Write down things that happened within the year on strips of paper, then curl them with the blade of a pair of scissors. Create a cute, dainty tag with the year on it and hang it on your tree. Make a new one each year to remind yourself of all the wonderful things that have happened in your life!


A Year of Memories Ornament

Materials:
- a clear glass ornament
- a pair of scissors
- a blank sheet of white paper (or whatever color you'd like to use)
- some ribbon
- a small tag with string
- something to decorate tag with
- glue (I used E6000)





Directions:

Step 1: Cut strips of paper from blank sheet. Write memories from the year on each of them. I wrote some of the bigger things as well as some little, sillier things.


Step 2: Curl strips using blade of scissors by pulling strips between finger and blade in a quick motion. Remove metal top from ornament and feed strips into opening on the top.





Step 3: Replace top and tie ribbon around metal piece (I glued mine on to make it easier to tie). Tie bow in ribbon.

Step 4: Attach decorations to tag using glue and tie tag around metal top under the bow. Repeat once a year =)





5 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I am SO doing this every year. Thanks for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Kara! I'm planning to do one every year too. Great for a family tradition that can be handed down to the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea AND something I can still do this year! THANK YOU so much for sharing ... I'm going to make one for each of my daughters (and me)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the comment Karen!

    -AlishaMichelle

    ReplyDelete