Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Best Snickerdoodle Cookies


Fall is Here. Let's bake!


Snickerdoodles are probably my favorite kind of cookie. For some reason, I've never made them from scratch before. Today, it was cold in the house and nothing beats the warmth of an oven baking something you know is going to be awesome!

I found this particular recipe here. It had lots of great reviews. The only thing I did differently was to substitute margarine for the shortening. I don't care for shortening and don't like cooking with it unless it's necessary to the recipe.

These were awesome right out of the oven. The outside was slightly crisp but the inside was warm and soft. This recipe is going straight to my favorites!


Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles

Servings: makes 48 cookies (I halved the recipe)
Time: 15-20 mins. to prepare 7-10 mins. to bake

Ingredients:
- 1/2 C. Butter
- 1/2 C. Shortening or Margarine
- 1-1/2 C. White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2-3/4 C. Flour
- 2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt

- 2 TBSP White Sugar
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)

2. Cream together first five ingredients (butter, Shortening or margarine, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract). Blend in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.

3. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.

4. Combine 2 TBSP sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Roll balls in sugar mixture.

5. Place balls onto greased baking sheet and bake 7-10 minutes, or until set but not hard. Remove from baking sheet immediately. (I turned down my oven about 15 degrees since gas ovens can often run hotter than electric... it took about 7 minutes for my cookies to bake).




I would recommend eating one hot out of the oven with a cold glass of milk. YUM!!! ;)

For more recipes, Check out my other posts:

7 comments:

  1. These cookies look pretty good! I usually use my mom's Snickerdoodle recipe, though. But - I'm always up for trying something new!
    Thanks for sharing.
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies team (and a new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! They were awesome. My Fiancee and I have eaten almost the whole batch already. We just can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great..and I am sure they were yummy too if almost the entire batch is almost gone already.

    Now I am craving cookies!

    Hope you had a great weekend.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snickerdoodles are my favorite! Thanks for sharing this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're my favorite too!

    Thanks for visiting Jodi!

    ReplyDelete