Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake

I currently have this wonderful cheesecake baking in my oven. I will include pictures with this recipe later, after it has baked and cooled in the fridge overnight. The original recipe can be found here on one of my favorite sites, Allrecipes.com.

I did try the cheesecake filling before adding the eggs and could tell that when done, this cheesecake would be AMAZING.

Here's the photo from Allrecipes until I upload my own photos (Update: I horribly overcooked this cheesecake and, although it tasted great, it looked really, really brown...):

Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake

Servings: 16 (small slices)

Time to prepare: 30 mins. Time to cook: 1 hour 30 mins. Time to chill: 4 hours

Ingredients:

- 38 Ginger Snaps, finely crushed

- 1/4 cup finely chopped Pecans (I omitted due to nut allergy)

- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted (I did half and half)

- 4 (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese, softened

- 1 cup sugar

- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin

- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

- 1 teaspoon vanilla

- 4 eggs

Directions

1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F

2. Mix crumbs, nuts and butter; press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.

3. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add pumpkin, spice and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour into crust.

4. Bake 1 hour 20 min. to 1 hour 30 min. or until center is almost set. LEAVE OUT UNTIL COMPLETELY COOL (I missed this step). Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.

UPDATES: 1 hour and 20 minutes was too long at 325. Next time I will lower the temp AND remove sooner. Once the cake is done, don't throw it into the fridge immediately. Wait for it to completely cool to room temperature and then place in fridge. Some people swear by water baths for cheesecakes. It seems complicated though since a springform pan will let the water in.

No comments:

Post a Comment