Friday, November 11, 2011

Whole Grain Mustard Ham and Jack Cheese Sandwiches

Warm Lunch Sandwich for a Cool Fall Day


For today's post, I'm going to present one of my favorite personal recipes. It's easy, fast, and only requires 4 ingredients (plus oil). I'm actually going to start a label section on recipes with 5 ingredients or less (not including oil, salt, and pepper of course).

This wholegrain mustard ham and jack cheese sandwich is perfect for a nice, small, warm lunch on these cool fall days. It's a little spicy, but I'm a lightweight so it might be pretty mild for those who love heat.

Wholegrain Mustard Ham and Jack Cheese Grilled Sandwich

Time to prepare: 5 mins Time to cook: 10 minutes

Servings: 1

Ingredients:
- 2 Slices white bread
- 1 TBSP Wholegrain Dijon Mustard (got mine from Trader Joe's)
- 1 Deli Slice of spicy Jack Cheese (I used three small pieces to cover bread)
- 2 Thick Slices Ham
- oil or butter for pan


Directions:

1. Place cheese on one slice of bread and top with ham. Spread mustard on other slice.



2. Put slices together and heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil/butter (I used cooking spray). Place sandwich on skillet. Cook five minutes on each side or until cheese is melted throughout. Serve immediately.

It's super easy and is one of the best tasting warm sandwiches in my book. Yum!

3 comments: