When life gives you old bananas, make banana bread!
I got this recipe from Here.
I buy bananas for my fiancee but this time I bought too many for him to eat before they got bruised and dark. So, I looked up recipes for banana bread. It's still pretty warm in So. Cal. right now, so I've been avoiding using the oven and decided I wanted to make muffins rather than a full loaf of bread. These were really, really, really good.
Banana Cinnamon Bread Muffins
Servings: 10-12 muffins
Time: To prepare- 20 mins. To bake: 15-20 mins (per batch)
- 1-1/2 C. flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 Bananas, mashed
- 3/4 C. White sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 C. Canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 C. walnuts (optional)
For the topping:
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1/8 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C).
2. Line 10 muffin cups with muffin liners (or grease muffin pan if you prefer not to use liners).
3. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (first 4 ingredients listed). In another large bowl, beat together banana, white sugar, egg, and vanilla (and nuts if you wish).
4. Stir banana mixture into flour mix until just moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
5. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for topping except butter. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle over tops of muffins.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out of muffin clean. Makes 10-12 muffins.
For more recipes, Check out my other posts: