Thank you USDA for lowering the minimum temperature pork can be cooked to!
I went to the store hungry and this is what happened as a result:
I LOVE polenta and what better on top of it than bacon wrapped pork tenderloin? I'm also very happy that the USDA has lowered its recommendation for internal pork temperature. Now we can all eat pork the way it was intended to be eaten: juicy and tender and a little pink. No more hockey puck pork chops! YAY!
Serves: 3-4 (depending on how hungry you are!)
Time: active throughout for about 30-40 minutes.
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin.
- 4 thick cut pieces of bacon
- 1-1/3 C. chicken broth
- 1-1/3 C. water
- 2/3 C. cornmeal
- 1 Cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 TBSP onion, finely minced
- 1-1/2 TBSP butter
- 1/4 C. grated provalone cheese (or one deli slice)
- 1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring water and broth to a boil in medium saucepan. Add cornmeal slowly while stirring to avoid lumps. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Continue to simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes, stirring every few minutes to avoid clumping at bottom.
2. While polenta is cooking: Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and saute for about 1 minute. Add Mushrooms and cook until tender. Remove garlic/onion/mushrooms to a foil covered plate to keep warm.
3. Wrap bacon around tenderloin and add to pan. Cover and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned on bottom. Turn over tenderloin and continue to cook until instant read thermometer reads 145 degrees. Remove from pan and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
4. Add cheeses to polenta and mix until melted.
5. Slice tenderloin thinly and place on top of a bed of polenta. Add mushrooms and onion/garlic mix to top of tenderloin. Enjoy!
真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間ReplyDelete